- 3 English (hothouse) cucumbers, peeled
- ¾ cup sour cream or nondairy sour cream, such as Tofutti brand
- 1 ½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill juice of ½ large lemon, or I tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ small red onion, very thinly sliced
Slice each cucumber in half lengthwise. With a melon baller or a spoon, scoop and discard the seeds from each cucumber.
Cut each cucumber half into ¼-inch bias-cut slices. Place into a medium bowl. Add the sour cream, salt, dill, lemon juice and red onion slices. Toss to combine. Transfer to a chilled bowl or salad plates.
Status Dairy or Parve
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: none
Yield 6-8 servings
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.
Recipe by Susie Fishbein