- 1 ½ cups dry quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 6 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped 3 sprigs fresh cilantro, leaves gently torn f discard stems)
- ½ cup minced red onion (about 1/2 small red onion)
- ½ firm mango, not too ripe, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/s-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Rinse the quinoa thoroughly either in a strainer or in a pot and drain. (Do skip. 1 this step or a bitter-tasting, natural soap-like coating will remain.) Once the quinoa, 1 I’ drained, place it into a medium pot with the water. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the water is absorbed, about I 0-1 5 minutes or until the grains turn translucent and the outer layer pops off. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the minced jalapeno, basil, cilantro red onion, and mango. Drizzle in the oil, soy sauce, ½ teaspoon salt, and lime juice and stir to combine.
Add the drained quinoa and toss to combine. Season with salt to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.