- 1 ½ pounds salmon fillet, all pinbones removed fine and coarse sea salts freshly ground black pepper
- 12 whole button mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound box orzo
- 1 bunch basil (2 cups packed leaves)
- ¼ cup raw, shelled pistachios, not roasted or salted
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
Preheat oven to-375 °F Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray
Place the salmon on the broiler pan. Season with fine sea salt and pepper.
Toss the mushrooms with I tablespoon olive oil. Arrange them around the salmo11 Roast for 25 minutes. Set aside.
Meanwhile, place remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a large soup pot over medium heat. Add orzo and stir to coat with warm oil. Toast until lightly browned a11c I fragrant stirring occasionally.
Add water to come up halfway on the pot. Add 2 tablespoons fine or coarse S(.’, r salt and bring to a boil. Cook orzo until tender; usually 9-1 I minutes. Drain and rinse orzo and set aside in a medium bowl.
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.
Place basil leaves into a quart-sized or other high-sided container. Add pistachio, cup extra-virgin olive oil, and a pinch of fine sea salt. Using an immersion blender, puree the mixture. This can also be done in a food processor.
Pour half of this pesto into the orzo. Break the salmon into chunks and add it I, 1 the orzo. Add the mushrooms and artichokes. Season with ½ teaspoon fine sea s 11/ Toss to combine.
Place into a bowl or serving platter and drizzle with remaining pesto Best served warm or at room temperature.
Prep Time: l 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield 6-8 servings
Recipe by Susie Fishbein