- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms caps, cut into ½-inch dice
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, white and pale green parts only
shallot, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon ground marjoram
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Place the potatoes into a medium pot. Cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and return to the pot Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and scallions, shallot, thyme, sage, marjoram, and basil. Saute for 4-5 minutes until shallots and mushrooms are softened.
Add the mushroom mixture to the drained potatoes.
In a small bowl mix the minced garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper; mayonnaise, vinegar and parsley. Add to the pot and toss to coat the potatoes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 servings
Recipe by Susie Fishbein
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.