- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup soy milk pinch of cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red onion, minced
- ½ cup packed baby spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 12 small /3-inch diameter) pastry shell, or 1 /9-inch) tart shell, defrosted
- 3-4 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4 ounces salami /from a whole salami, not slices
Preheat oven to 375 F In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, soy milk, cayenne pepper; and salt. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion 1111 I saute for 3-4 minutes until it is shiny and translucent.
Whisk the onions and spinach into the eggs.
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.
Brush the tart shells with a thin coating of mustard. Cut the salami into cubes. Place a small pile of salami cubes into each mini tart shell or all over the bollc 111, of the larger tart. With a ladle, pour the egg and spinach mixture into the tart shells. You may have, a little extra.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Prep Time: 1 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 12 mini tarts
Recipe by Susie Fishbein