- 1 ¼ pounds fresh salmon fillet, skin and all pinbones removed
- ½ cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 .teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 teaspoons roasted or toasted
- sesame oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- ½ English (hothouse) cucumber, unpeeled, sliced into ¼-inch half-moons
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juic black and white sesame seeds, for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350F. pray a baking pan or broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
Cut the salmon into 2-inch cubes. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, and 2 teaspoons sesame oil, garlic powder, and wasabi powder.
Add the salmon cubes to the bowl and toss to coat.
Place the salmon in a single layer into the prepared pan and bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through. In a bowl, combine the lettuce and sliced cucumbers. Season with salt and pepper. Toss with lemon juice and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Place the salmon cubes on top of the salad. Garnish with black and white sesame seeds.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.
Recipe by Susie Fishbein