- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, divided
- ¼ teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple juice or water
- 6-7 ounces baby arugula
- ¼ cup sweetened dried cranberries, such as Craisins, or dried blueberries
- handful shelled walnuts, chopped
- 8 ounces blue cheese crumbles
Place the oil into a quart-sized or other tall container Add the vinegar, ½ c I II, blueberries, mustard, and apple juice or water With an immersion blender, proceed until thoroughly combined. Set aside. Place the arugula into a large salad bowl. Stir the dressing with a spoon if ii I 1, 1 thickened. Lightly dress the arugula with the blueberry dressing to taste. Sprinkle the remaining fresh blueberries, cranberries, and walnuts. Top with blue cheese.
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: none
Yield 6-8 servings
Recipe by Susie Fishbein