Low Fat Granola Recipe – No Oil Required
- 1 cup rolled oats (100g)
- 1/2 cup rice crispies (12g)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dried fruit of choice (80g)
- pinch stevia OR 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup agave or honey (use agave if strict vegan)
- optional 1 cup freeze-dried berries
- optional nuts, shredded coconut, etc.
Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and set aside. In a bowl, stir together the first 6 ingredients (plus optional nuts or coconut if desired, but not freeze-dried berries yet). Add the liquid sweetener, and stir to coat. Spread granola out on the baking sheet, then bake 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn the granola, then bake 2 more minutes. Stir in the freeze-dried berries if desired. The low fat granola will look soft when it first comes out, but it hardens as it cools and will be firm by the next day.
This recipe was originally published by