- 12 manicotti pasta tubes, uncooked
- 16 ounces store-bought salsa
- 1 (26-ounce) jar favorite marinara sauce
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced, divided
- ½ pounds ground beef
- ½ cup crushed tortilla chips
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ large green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- small onion, halved and very thinly sliced
- nondairy sour cream, such as Tofutti brand, for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
Preheat oven to 375F. Spray an 8- by 10-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water for half the recommend ‘<I time on the box. Rinse, drain, cover, and set aside. Meanwhile, combine the salsa, marinara sauce, and half the minced jalapeno pepper. Set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, crushed tortilla chips, cilantro, gr c•11 bell pepper, garlic, salt, black pepper, and remaining half of the minced jalapeno pepper. Add 2/2 cup of the prepared salsa mixture. Use your hands to thoroughly 1111x and knead the mixture together. With a small spoon, fill the manicotti tubes with the meat mixture; do not overcook or they will split Lay the stuffed manicotti into the prepared pan. Mix the onion lie into the remaining sauce. Ladle the sauce over the manicotti. Bake for 35 minutes, uncovered.
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe by Susie Fishbein