- 1 Asian eggplant, unpeeled or small Italian eggplant, peeled, cut into ¾-inch dice
- 1 medium yellow squash, with skin, cut into
- ½-inch dice medium zucchini, with skin,
cut into ½-inch dice
- 3 portobello mushroom caps, cut into ½-inch dice
- ½ red onion, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper; seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 (1-ounce) packet Good Seasons Italian Dressing mix
- 1 (15-ounce) can lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garb 11111 beans), drained and rinsed
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Place all the diced vegetables into a large bowl.
Pour the balsamic vinegar, ½ cup olive oil, and seasoning packet into a cruet or jar and shake or whisk to combine. Pour over the vegetables. Heat I tablespoon olive oil in large skillet over medium heat Add the vegetables and their dressing. Saute until shiny and softened, 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer to a bowl.
Add the lentils and chickpeas. Mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 8-10 servings
Recipe by Susie Fishbein
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.