- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 ½ pounds top of the rib, filer split, or London broil, very thinly sliced against the grain
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms caps, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly on a diagonal, white and pale green parts only
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons roasted or toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- bottled hoisin sauce, such as Joyce Chen brand
- 6 large flour tortillas
In a large skillet or wok. heat the oil over medium heat. Add the slices of steak and mushrooms and sear them for 3 minutes. Turn them over and sear on the other side. Do this in batches, if necessary, to avoid crowding the pan. Add the scallions; saute’ for 3 minutes until shiny.
Featured recipe: Banana Bread Nutella Muffins.
In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger; and cayenne pepper. Acid this mixture to the skillet. Add the beaten eggs and mix, stirring quickly until partially set. Remove from heat, Warm the flour tortillas in a microwave for 1 0 seconds to soften them. You can 1/ <, do this in the oven; just spritz with a tiny bit of water; wrap in foil, and bake for ‘> (i minutes until warm. Spread each tortilla with hoisin sauce. Fill each with the moo shu mixture. Fold each tortilla in half and then fold into quarters.
Recipe by Susie Fishbein