What you’ll need:
- 6 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets, with skin
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups mashed-potato flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces assorted exotic mushrooms, such as oyster caps, and crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Pinot Grigio or other white wine
- 1/2 cup light cream
Season the snapper fillets with salt and pepper: Pour the mashed potato flakes into a plate. Dip the fish into the mashed potato flakes, pressing to get them to stick. Turn the fillets over and press the flakes into the skin side. Set fish aside. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic; saute 4 minutes or until shiny and translucent. Add the mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add the wine and bring to a simmer: Allow the wine to reduce for 6-7 minutes. Stir in the light cream. Keep warm.
Cook the fish.
Recipe by Susie Fishbein