- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 3 1/2 tbsp almond butter or allergy-friendly sub
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup spelt, white, gf ap, or oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips, optional
If you want to glaze them with Almond Butter Glaze: Stir together 1/2 cup powdered sugar or sugar free powdered sugar, 1 tbsp almond butter, 2 tbsp milk of choice, 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract, and a tiny pinch salt. Glaze makes enough for all the donuts with a little left over.
For the donuts: Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a donut pan, mini donut pan, or mini muffin pan. If not easily stir-able, gently heat almond butter until soft. Stir together first five ingredients, being sure to completely break up the nut butter so there are no clumps. Stir in dry to form a batter, spread into pan, and bake 8 minutes. Let sit a few minutes before going around the sides with a knife and popping out. Glaze if desired, refrigerate, then drizzle melted chocolate on top if desired. Store loosely covered out overnight – The flavor is even better the next day! Leftover donuts can also be frozen.
Total Time: 8m Yield: 6 large, or 20 mini donuts Print This Recipe 5/5