- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats (200g)
- 1 1/4 cup mashed over-ripe banana (300g)
- pinch uncut stevia OR 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2/3 cup water (+ an additional 1/4 cup if using stevia)
- 2 1/2 tbsp oil, nut butter, OR more banana
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (20g)
- chocolate chips as desired, and feel free to add nuts or chia seeds, raisins, shredded coconut, etc.
*Feel free to double the recipe! Preheat your oven to 380 F. Line 11-12 cupcake tins. In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together all wet (including banana). Stir wet into dry, then pour into the liners. Bake 21 minutes, then don’t open the oven door but turn off the oven and let the cupcakes sit in the closed oven an additional 10 minutes. Let cool – If you don’t eat the cupcakes until the next day, the flavor will intensify and the liners will also peel off much more easily. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a week, or freeze for up to 2 months.
Total Time: 30m Yield: 11-12
This recipe was originally published by