Recipe from Allrecipes
- 4-5 pound 1st cut beef brisket
- Lawrys Salt-free 17 seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ground black pepper
- Regular Open Pit or Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce
- (Both are gluten-free)
- Preheat oven to 325–I use convection backing
- Sprinkle both sides of brisket with Lawrys Salt-free 17 seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper
- Put into a large aluminum roasting pan.
- Cover with heavy aluminum foil.
- Cook at 325 degrees–covered and no water. Check after 2-2/12 hours. If done, slice.
- Put slices back into the pan. Cover with juices and add a bottle of bbq sauce. Freeze at that time.
- Thaw day before use. Cook covered with heavy foil at 300 degrees for 1/2 hour-45 minutes. Serve.
- Pictures and explanation to follow.
Diane Israel is a Chicago native who has an unmistakable passion for the culinary arts. Many of her recipes have been passed down from generations through her Jewish heritage. She can be reached at Diane@DianeIsraelChicagoRecipes.com